Sat, 25 Nov|
Carbon Literacy Training
Interested in the facts about climate change? Unsure what all the 'carbon emissions' fuss is about? Torbay Climate Action (that's us) brings residents of Torbay and surrounding areas our first accredited Carbon Literacy course. Eventbrite registration essential https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/71305
Time & Location
25 Nov, 09:00 – 17:00
Paignton, 4 Clifton Rd, Paignton TQ3 3LN, UK
About the event
Torbay Climate Action (that's us) have teamed up with the Carbon Literacy Project to bring residents of Torbay and surrounding areas an official Carbon Literacy course.
With the news full of scary messages about climate change, fossil fuel debate and conflicting political standpoints, how can average citizens (us) take meaningful action to create positive change on a local and global scale? Firstly, let's start at the beginning. By understanding the basic facts about climate change, and how carbon emissions are contributing to this rapid change to our home, we can be better equipped to take positive action together.
Join us for Torbay's very first official Carbon Literacy training course, designed especially for the Torbay community (that's you!)
Please note, you must register through our Eventbrite page to be guaranteed a space
Course may occasionally need to be rescheduled due to low registration.
The vital FAQs
- What do I need to know before attending this course? This course is currently open to adults aged over 18 only. We recommend taking a look over the Carbon Literacy Project website to understand a little more about the project aims and what to expect from the day. Although the issue of climate change is an incredibly serious one, this course is solutions-focused, designed to inspire and fire up your creative side, not to make you leave feeling scared and demoralised. Let's face the issues with openness, together.
- How long is the training course? The full day course will run from 9am-5pm, with plenty of time for breaks and Q&A. To qualify for certification you must complete the full 8 hour day.
- How is the course structured? The day will consist of a range of styles, from presentation, group discussion, individual planning time and, of course, plenty of activity/break time to let all the juicy information sink in!
- Who are the trainers? Your facilitators for this training will be Rae and David from Torbay Climate Action. Both hosts have gained their Carbon Literacy certificates through the CLP and have designed this new course especially for Torbay and local residents.
- Is this an official accredited course? Yup - on full completion of your training day and submission of your Personal Climate Action Plan you will be issued with your Carbon Literacy certificate from the Carbon Literacy Project.
- How will I receive my Carbon Literacy certificate? Each participant must submit their Personal Climate Action Plan in order to gain their certificate. Participants' Action Plans are shared with the official certifying body, the Carbon Literacy Project, who verify whether each plan meets the required criteria. Certificates are then issued to individual participants via Torbay Climate Action. This process may take several weeks but we aim to turn certificates around as soon as possible.
- What happens if I don't complete my Personal Action Plan as part of the course? Each participant must submit their Personal Action Plan in order to gain their certificate. We are unable to issue certificates to anyone who has not submitted a Personal Climate Action Plan that meets the necessary criteria.
- How do I get to The Climate Hub? The Climate Hub is at 4 Clifton Road, just off Winner Street in Paignton, 10-15 minutes' walk from Paignton Railway Station and Paignton Bus Station. If you drive, there is plenty of parking in the surrounding roads.
- What do I need to bring to the course day? Remember to bring a notebook, laptop/tablet to note down all your inspiration and ideas. You may also wish to bring a packed lunch and don't forget a reusable coffee cup/water bottle to keep hydrated through the day.
- Will refreshments be provided? We will have a selection of hot & cold drink available and some light snacks. We will have a break for lunch and there are plenty of shops/cafes nearby for you to grab food if you have not brought lunch with you.
- How can I find out more or ask questions to the trainers before the day? You can reach out to your trainers by emailing us at email@example.com
We are really looking forward to seeing you!